Announcements - March 3, 2024
- We rejoice to announce that Eli Chmura was baptized on Friday! Please pray for our new brother in Christ.
- Prayers for Anita and her cancer treatment are always appreciated, as are prayers for Ricky and his lung condition.
- Please pray for Pam McCowan and Gail Morrow, who continue to have health struggles.
- Men’s Breakfast is planned for this Saturday, March 9 at the Kiwanis Pancake Day in Florence. Please see Dennis Hargett for tickets. Ladies Breakfast will also be on Saturday at 9:00 a.m., with plans announced on Wednesday.
- Youth Bible Study is planned at the Roberson home this Saturday evening, March 9, at 5:00 p.m. Kids and teens, invite your friends!
Topics for the Sunday Evening Class on Divorce and Remarriage
Here is a list of questions that are going to be covered over the next few Sunday nights.
- We don’t usually mention allowing the unbelieving spouse to depart as a scriptural cause for divorce, what are your thoughts on that? (I Cor. 7:12-16)
- Can only men remarry after divorce due to sexual immorality? (Mt. 19:9)
- What if someone is in an adulterous marriage? What are they expected to do?
- What if unbelievers are in an adulterous marriage and then they are baptized? Are they forgiven? What is expected from them?
- Bob is divorced. Stacy then marries Bob because he said he had a right to remarry. What if Bob lied? What happens to Stacy?
- Fred and Karla divorce each other. If Fred marries someone else does Karla now have a right to get married?
- What is considered sexual immorality? Does lusting after another man/woman count? Is pornography grounds for divorce?
- George married Athena who is a divorcee. Then George learned about Jesus’ teaching and realized he is in a sinful marriage because Athena did not have a right to get married. If George divorces Athena, does he have a right to marry someone else?
- If a judge signs a divorce, has he or she sinned?
- What does “only in the Lord” (I Cor. 7:39) mean?