It’s Halftime - How are you doing?
Well, we have reached the midpoint of 2021. It’s time to sit down and see how you are doing for the Lord. It’s time to see the areas in your spiritual life that are going well and need to keep going well and things that are not going so well and need to be improved.
In athletic contests most games have a halftime. The teams retreat to their locker rooms and get instructions from the coach on how to play the second half. If they have been performing well he tells them to keep it up and not to give up. If they are not performing well he tells them the areas they need to improve in. Remember just like the coach reminds his players you still have half the game to play. The game is not over yet. You can still be victorious. As chrisitans, we still have 6 months left in 2021. We can still grow in our faith and our service to the Lord.
Here are a few areas in our spiritual life that we need to reflect on how we have been doing so far in 2021.
- How has your attendance been here for the Brookhill local assemblies? Have you been faithful to the assemblies of the local church? Hebrews 10:25
- How has your Bible studying been going? Are you a regular student in the Brookhill Bible classes? Romans 10:17
- How has your teaching of others been? Have you spread the gospel in your daily life to your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow students? II Timothy 2:2
- Have you been loving to the brethren? Galatians 6:10
- How has your giving been this year? II Corinthians 9:6-7
As we already stated, it’s only halftime for 2021. Has God been pleased with your performance so far? If He has, keep up the good work. Keep adding to your faith. If He hasn’t been, repent and tell him you are sorry and start performing like He has commanded. Now, get up and win 2021 for the Lord!