Ten Rules For Praying
- Pray where you are. God is present everywhere and ready to listen.
- Pray when possible in a quiet spot where you can be alone. It is well to fix your mind deliberately on God, apart from confusing distractions.
- Pray to God simply and naturally as a friend. Tell him what is on your mind. Get help from the prayers of others.
- Pray remembering the good things God has done for you. Count up your blessings from time to time and give thanks for them.
- Pray for God’s forgiveness for the unworthy things you may have done. He is always ready to listen to a humble and contrite heart.
- Pray for the things you need, especially those that will make your life more Christ-like.
- Pray for others, remembering the situations they face and the help they need.
- Pray for the world and its needs, asking God to bring better things and offering your help to Him.
- Pray for everything else that God’s will be done in you and in the world.
- Pray and then start helping God to answer your prayers.